Virgin StartUp have partnered with Crowdfunder
Virgin StartUp has partnered with Crowdfunder to enable start-ups to raise finance, validate new concepts, pre-sell products, grow customer bases and market ideas
"The great thing about being an entrepreneur today is the vast array of funding options available. The partnership between Crowdfunder and Virgin StartUp is a unique way for entrepreneurs to secure funding and receive the support and information they need to get their business ideas off the ground." Virgin Group Founder, Sir Richard Branson.
Over the last few years there’s been a revolution in the way entrepreneurs raise money to get their business off the ground. There are more funding options available than ever before, which is brilliant. But rather than these different options competing for entrepreneurs to use them, they should be working together to help as many people start-up as possible. That’s why we’re teaming up with Crowdfunder.
Why fund your idea this way?
Through this partnership you get to keep equity, take on less debt and reach your funding target faster with an audience ready to sell to.
Start-ups typically have two money challenges
- Money to invest in the infrastructure needed for the business to run (everything from a laptop to an entire office fit out)
- Validating demand and generating those key initial sales
Reward-based crowdfunding addresses the first, but often leaves little cash to invest in infrastructure - vital to the fulfilment of demand and the longevity of the business.
Virgin StartUp loan funding is very good at addressing the second point, but it’s always good to not take on too much debt.
When you raise funding through crowdfunder.co.uk, you could apply for further funding and support with Virgin StartUp. If funding is approved with Virgin StartUp, you’ll be matched with your own mentor who is committed to 15 hours one-on-one support over 12 months. You’ll also get pre-funding advice and support to help shape your business idea further.
Then, when you're ready to tell the world what you're up to, roll out an outdoor advertising campaign with a special deal at Nurture@JCDecaux. Better still, you could win it.
If you feel Crowdfunding followed by a Virgin StartUp loan and support / mentoring is for you:
Crowdfunder will send your basic details to Virgin StartUp and Nurture@JCDecaux to see if you may be suitable to apply with them.
Ready to apply for a Virgin StartUp Loan?
If you wish to dive straight into the Virgin StartUp loan process, we do need a few details about you and your proposed business. But, before you get started there are a few things to check:
Are you eligible?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Have you developed a business idea?
- Will your business be based in the UK?
- Are you a UK resident or have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the proposed loan term?
- Is your business pre-trading or been trading for less than 2 years?
Have you got the following information to hand?
- National insurance number
- Bank details (sort code and account number)
- Address details (if you have lived at your current address for less than 3 years, you will need your previous address too)