Doing Business With Big Business
Learn how to trade with some of the biggest companies in the UK
What is Doing Business With Big Business?
Doing Business With Big Business is a unique opportunity from Virgin StartUp for startups who want to trade with some of the UK's largest companies.
Get the chance to sit opposite buyers Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Trains, Amazon Launchpad and Innoveat and find out what it takes do business with them.
Participants will gain an insight into the decision making at big companies and learn what these organisations are looking for from small suppliers.
Doing Business With Big Business is an intensive half-day workshop followed by an exclusive meet-the-buyer session.
Who is this event for?
- Entrepreneurs and startup founders that want to learn more about the way procurement works in large organisations
- Those that hope to gain an understanding of the considerations of buyers during a negotiation
- Those that wish to practice their negotiation skills in a friendly and informal setting
- Those that wish to learn more about how one of the attending large organisations procures
What buyers will be in attendance?
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Trains
- Amazon Launchpad
- John Lewis & Partners
- More to be announced...
BUYERS IN ATTENDANCE
How is it delivered?
Doing Business With Big Business is delivered by procurement professionals with over 15 years experience in helping startups to scale through working with large companies. They deliver an interactive session that sees attendees practise pitches for buyers and work through procurement problems alongside other attendees who're also on a mission to win contracts with big businesses.
Where does it take place?
The next date will be announced soon. Please sign up to our waiting list to find out when tickets are next on sale.
1pm – 4.45pm: Doing Business Programme
- The procurement process
- Brand proposition
- Identifying the right retail partner
- How to secure a meeting
- How to create a pitch deck and pitch training
- Negotiations and retailer expectations
5 - 7pm: Speed networking with buyers
We secured a Virgin Trains contract thanks to Doing Business With Big Business
Jamie McCloskey, founder Love Corn