Doing Business With Big Business is the flagship Virgin StartUp event that teaches you how to win a contract with a big business.
This full-day workshop will give you an insight into how procurement works in big organisations, showing you when and how to approach a buyer and letting you know what information they will need from you in order to be considered.
Entrepreneurs who have attended this event have gone onto have their products stocked in Tesco, Sainsburys, Selfridges, Ocado, Fortnum and Mason’s, Holland and Barrett and more.
Who is this event for?
- Entrepreneurs and start-up founders that want to learn more about the way procurement works in large organisations.
- Those that hope to gain an understanding of the considerations of buyers during a negotiation.
- Those that wish to practice their negotiation skills in a friendly and informal setting.
- Those that wish to learn more about how one of the attending large organisations procures.
Who is this event not for?
- Those whose sole intention for participating is to pitch their product/service to Virgin Atlantic and/or one of our other participants. This is an opportunity to ask questions and learn – not to pitch.
The aim of the workshop is to better prepare you for both approaching a large organisation and give you a greater chance of being successful when you do. It’s about learning, not selling
This valuable insight and improved understanding should help you decide whether you want to supply to large organisations, whether your start-up is capable of delivering for them and if it is, how to go about the pitch.
Following on from the main workshop, we’ll also be running a meet the buyer session for all participants. This will give you the opportunity to ask specific questions of buyers from a variety of organisations including; Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Trains, Supplair, Bidvest and more, who might even help you understand whether your product is something of interest to those organisations.
Full-day workshop focused on teaching attendees how to win contracts with big organisations.