Doing Business with Big Business is back!
Doing Business with Big Business is our flagship workshop designed for food and drink founders.
Doing Business With Big Business is a unique opportunity from Virgin StartUp for food and drink founders who want to trade with some of the UK's largest companies.
Get the chance to sit opposite buyers from Virgin Atlantic, Ocado, Sainsbury's, Amazon Launchpad, Sourced Market, LNER, Gate Group and Innoveat and find out what it takes to do business with them.
Participants will gain an insight into the decision making at big companies and learn what these organisations are looking for from small suppliers.
Doing Business With Big Business is an intensive half-day workshop followed by an exclusive meet-the-buyer session.
Who is this event for?
- This Doing Business with Big Business has been designed for founders of food and drink businesses who want to learn about how to approach big retailers
- Founders who want to perfect their pitch and learn how to negotiate
- Founders with products who want to learn more about the way procurement works in large organisations
What buyers will be in attendance?
- Virgin Atlantic
- Gate Group
- Sourced Market
- More to be announced...
MEET THE EXPERTS
Karen Green is the founder of Food Mentor consultancy, author of best-selling book “Recipe for Success – the ingredients of a profitable food business” and a Virgin Start Up Mentor.
She has worked as a buyer for UK retailers, Tesco and Boots, and Commercial Director for a number of food businesses from Christmas puddings to sushi! For the last three years, she has worked with clients ranging from pre start up to established businesses with £1m turnover who need to take their sales to the next level. She provides 1-1 mentoring, hands on sales support and consultancy to help create profitable sales growth Karen is also a keynote speaker on business growth, sales and negotiation and regular contributor to LBC business hour.
- Procurement process by Cemal Ezel, Founder of Change Please
- Clarifying your Brand proposition
- Pitching to retailers
- Thinking sustainably: packaging and best practice by Sanjay Patel, Founding Partner of The Packaging Collective
- Negotiation skills
16:00: Speed networking with the buyers
17:30: Event ends