About this class
A successful crowdfunding campaign has the potential to fuel the growth of your business through access to capital from new investors and loyal customers. With so much at stake it’s vital you give your campaign every chance of success. This class, led by crowdfunding expert John Auckland, reveals the strategy for building a rock solid campaign. It covers what type of crowdfunding is most suited to your business idea and how to galvanise your loyal following to get your campaign over the line.
Who is this for?
- You’re new to equity crowdfunding and considering it as a funding option to grow your business
- You want to learn what it takes to build and manage a successful campaign
This is a mid-level class, for entrepreneurs that are serious about taking their business to the next level using growth finance. It is best suited for those companies that have traction in their chosen market or a growing customer base. We ask that you familiarise yourself with the various growth funding options so that you can best make an informed decision on using this tool as we work through the masterclass.
You might want to bring a laptop as well, so you can work along as you go through the course.
- What is equity crowdfunding and is it right for you?
- Insight into how equity crowdfunding might work for your growth goals.
- What are the available equity platforms and which is best for you?
- Understanding of what works and what doesn’t – the dos and don’ts!
- The key steps to take to set your campaign on the right path.
- Networking with other entrepreneurs active in this space.
About the Instructor
This course will be delivered by John Aukland.
John began his career at 16, where he spent ten years instructing, writing and event managing internal communications programmes for some of the top global brands, such as Vodafone, BP and Astra Zenica, to name a few. John left internal events to start his own copywriting agency, which supported large corporates and startups alike, with clients ranging from BT to Hello Fresh within its first two years of trading. He sold his agency before he turner 30 to Thread Media, where they then employed him as a director.
During his time at Thread John helped conceive and run Project Brabham, at its time the biggest ever sports crowdfunding campaign. He left Thread to form TribeFirst, the first Crowdfunding agency globally to offer a risk/reward model on equity crowdfunding campaigns.
TribeFirst is a Virgin StartUp funded business, and partners with all of the major UK platforms. John is also a published author, with his second book being recently crowdfunded on the premier book crowdfunding site, Unbound.