Passionate about helping startups to succeed?
We're the Virgin Group's not-for-profit company, founded by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. If you’re interested in entrepreneurship and want to help people all over England and Scotland start their own business, then take a look at our current opportunities below.
COMMUNITY EXECUTIVE, LONDON
Come and join the entreprenuerial home of the Virgin Group.
Virgin StartUp exists to help entrepreneurs in the UK to start and scale early stage businesses. Since late 2013, we’ve worked with tens of thousands of entrepreneurs to help them turn their business ideas into a reality, providing almost £40m in Start Up Loan Funding to 3,000 entrepreneurs.
Each one of those entrepreneurs joins our Funded Club and becomes part of the Virgin StartUp community – benefitting from the mentoring support and opportunities that we provided.
We also have 750+ mentors who volunteer their time to work with the entrepreneurs we exist to support. They too form an important part of our Community and a key part of the role will be looking at how we support and engage this group to deliver great support to our entrepreneurs.
Community is a really important part of what Virgin StartUp is all about – the chance for entrepreneurs to be part of a broader support network, to have the chance to meet with one another and to learn from inspiring speakers and experts at exclusive events.
We’re looking for a Community Executive who has a passion for helping start-ups thrive. This is an ideal position for someone who is looking to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and get stuck in. Someone who can take on responsibility and make things happen. You will need to be a strong team player, to be highly organised and be willing to contribute in a really positive way to everything that we do at Virgin StartUp.
The Community Executive role will report into the Community Manager who together will assume responsibility for supporting our growing community of entrepreneurs.
The Community Executive will work with the Community Manager to help deliver support to the Funded Club by:
• Managing the mentoring portal and mentor / entrepreneur partnerships.
• Conducting Mentor Interviews and organising monthly Mentor induction training
• Managing the mentoring mailbox. Dealing with any mentoring issues – from both mentors and mentees - and working to resolve these in a timely fashion.
• Collecting and evaluating survey responses, to identify issues and insights, to help shape the mentoring programme.
• Organising monthly webinars and quarterly mixer events for funded entrepreneurs
• Working with the Marketing Team to ensure appropriate communications are sent out to the Funded Club and the mentor community.
Ready, Steady, Grow
Ready, Steady, Grow with Virgin StartUp’ is a later stage programme, delivering scale up support to entrepreneurs. Here you will:
• Support the Project Manager to plan and deliver StepUp events in London.
• Proactively contact the StepUp community to identify when key milestones have been reached by entrepreneurs. Lead on the collection of evidence to support these key milestones, such as jobs created, investment raised, new businesses started etc.
• Assist in sourcing potential outreach opportunities, to help us reach under-represented demographics and provide support for outreach activities on the day
A key part of the Community Executive role, is to stay in touch and engaged with our community of entrepreneurs and to follow their progress, achievements and challenges, to help Virgin StartUp better support them on their journey. This will include:
• Developing a good knowledge of our community of entrepreneurs and mentors.
• Supporting the Community Manager to set up processes and systems that will allow us to track and monitor the progress of our community and any success stories.
• Identify opportunities to showcase these successes, by compiling case studies for the Marketing and External Relations teams;
• Keep up to date records in Salesforce – both quantitative and qualitative – to capture the achievements and impact of our community of entrepreneurs.
• Minimum of 3 years related administrative experience;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organised with the ability to work across multiple projects
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to act as an ambassador for the Virgin brand and live our values, when representing the company, both inside and outside of the organisation.
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Applications close at midnight Friday 19th July 2019.
If you’re excited by this role and helping entrepreneurs succeed, please apply with your C.V and cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for Virgin StartUp.
Applications emailed to: email@example.com