Be crowned StartUp of the Year 2014 and win £5,000
The StartUp Loans scheme has lent £99m to 19,605 brand new businesses. We’re chuffed to pieces that we’re part of this initiative that’s pushing the UK economy forward and generating a shedload of jobs in the process.
With that in mind, we’re excited to announce - The Big Start Up Loans Competition 2014. This has been created to celebrate the good work the entrepreneurs who’ve come through the scheme, including the hundreds that have secured funded through Virgin StartUp are doing all over the country.
There are over 33 prizes up for grabs, with one business bagging £5,000 plus an iMac and the accolade of ,‘StartUp of the Year.’
The prizes are:
STARTUP OF THE YEAR - One lucky winner will receive a cash prize of £5000, an iMac and more!
10 REGIONAL WINNERS - One winner from each UK region will receive a £500 cash prize and more!
22 RUNNERS-UP – Our runners-up will receive an limited PR package from the Start Up Loan business partner, JHPR!
HOW TO APPLY
Simply inspire and amaze the judging panel by telling them your startup story. It’s that simple! Entries must be in by the 1st September 2014. We’ve been advised to tell you to provide as much detail as possible. Good luck!
- 28th July: Competition Opens
- 1st September (Midday): Competition Closes
- 15th September: Finalists are announced (33 semi-finalists with then be asked to prepare a 3 minute video pitch for our judges, and will be presented with a prize at the Mayor’s Office)
- 13th October: 3 minute video pitches to be submitted to the judging panel
- 4th November: Exclusive Award Ceremony Lunch for the Finalists at the Mayor’s Office