Virgin StartUp Entrepreneur’s Zone at the Hackney Half Marathon
We’re giving eight Virgin StartUp supported entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their businesses to thousands at the Hackney Half Marathon.
It’s billed as the best party you can go to in trainers and we’ll be hosting a special Virgin StartUp area to join in the fun. Open from 7.30am – 2pm on Sunday May 8th May, come on down to meet the startups we funded, sample / buy their products and learn more about Virgin StartUp.
The eight entrepreneurs are:
Entrepreneur: Josh Franks
Elevator Pitch: STAKS allows you to say ‘goodbye’ to bulky containers and time spent measuring out portion sizes and ‘hello’ to a handy new solution – an entire day’s combination of vitamins, tablets, proteins and superfood powers needed to achieve individual goals, in single serving sachets inside an easy to carry pouch.
Entrepreneur: Aimee Faunt
Business: Secret Pillow Project
Social: Secret Pillow
Elevator Pitch: Secret Pillow Project empowers women through the making and selling of Secret Pillows. A Secret Pillow is a pillow that unfolds into a blanket and it is also a powerful vehicle for change. The project was founded in 2013 and now works with over 200 women, teaching them to make Secret Pillows which are sold on the international market.
Entrepreneur: Eccie Newton
Business: Karma Cans
Elevator Pitch: We're Karma Cans the friendly lunch delivery compan, we make great, healthy lunches and deliver them to desks across London. We believe, balanced food and communal eating and sustainability are the key to a happy life in the city.
Joining Virgin StartUp at the Hackney Half Run will be other zones including:
- Gymbox Yoga Zone – A series of FREE yoga classes, catering for all abilities. Whether you’re running the Half and want an alternative way to warm up or cool down, spectating and want to kill a bit of time or you just fancy giving it a go – everyone’s welcome.
- Gymbox Fitness Zone – Watching your loved one run and fancy working up a bit of a sweat yourself? Live down the road and just want to check out what’s going on? Simply running a half marathon not hard enough for you? Whatever your motivation, visit the Gymbox Fitness Zone where you’ll find a varied selection of FREE and uber cool exercise sessions!
- Chill Out Zone – Sunday is a day for rest and relaxation right? Well at least once you’ve conquered your 13.1 miles or cheered and waved until you can cheer and wave no more. We have bean bags, deck chairs and picnic tables to sit, celebrate and soak up the fantastic run hackney atmosphere.
- Crew Massage – If you’re there to clap, cheer, wave your home-made banners and shout on the runners then you are our crew! Within the Chill Out Zone in the Race Village, FIX will be on hand to provide head and shoulder massages as a little treat, for a small charge.
- Street Art Zone – There will be a local street art crew coming along to live illustrate your race day on a big scale and run workshops within the Race Village. The finished article will then be donated to a local community group as a legacy of the day.