Virgin StartUp Loan funding now available in Scotland
We’re on a mission to kick-start the next generation of Scottish businesses.
Scotland has a long history of entrepreneurs who’ve disrupted, innovated and changed the world through launching fantastic businesses and we’re thrilled to be able to offer funding and mentoring to those looking to add to that by launching or growing a business in Scotland today.
Since launching in late 2013 we’ve given out over £11m to more than 1,000 entrepreneurs and we’re aiming to replicate that success across Scotland.
Want to be one of the first Scottish entrepreneurs to receive funding from Virgin StartUp? Apply for funding and mentoring now.
Why is a Start-up Loan from Virgin StartUp a great way to kick-start your idea?
- Every eligible applicant is partnered with a business advisor who will help them complete a full business plan and set of financial projections.
- Matches you with your own handpicked mentor who offers 15 hours of free face-to-face support over 12 months.
- Borrowers do not need collateral or lose any equity stake in their business.
- Complements other types of funding you may need now or in the future.
- Gives you access to exclusive offers and opportunities from the Virgin Group.
- You will be invited to join the Virgin StartUp Club – a community of entrepreneurs with access to specialist workshops and peer-to-peer networking.
What are the terms of a Start-up Loan?
- Ranges from £500 - £25,000 and is repayable over up to five years.
- Annual fixed interest rate of 6.17%, with no early repayment penalties.
- It’s an unsecured personal loan for business purposes. This also means more than one-person can apply for funding for the same business.Want more information about Virgin StartUp and the support we offer?