Virgin Start Up: Content and Social Media Executive
Creative content producer and social media whizz required to help inspire entrepreneurship in the UK for Virgin’s not-for-profit entrepreneurial hub, Virgin StartUp. To apply please email a CV and covering letter explaining why you're the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Application for Content Exec Role
Job Title: Content & Social Media Executive
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum
Reporting to: Digital & Social Manager
Location: Royal Oak, London
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract.
Virgin believes in business as a force for good. We are passionate about helping the next generation of UK businesses fulfil their potential for the benefit of society and the economy in the long term. Virgin is committed to supporting aspiring entrepreneurs and has a long history of providing support.
Virgin StartUp is the latest venture in this space - a not-for-profit company wholly owned by Virgin Management Limited. VSU’s remit is to deliver a high quality, coordinated and impactful national programme in support of the government’s Start Up Loans scheme.
Even more importantly than loans, we provide business mentors, content to guide and inspire entrepreneurs and a calendar of unique and exciting projects and events across the year such as Virgin StartUp Foodpreneur, Platform-X and Ready Steady Grow.
VSU has partnerships with quality business support organisations around the country that provide on-the-ground support to help aspiring entrepreneurs complete successful business plans and applications to join VSU. In addition, we work closely with a number of Virgin Operating Companies (VOCs) such as Virgin Money, Virgin Trains, Virgin Media and others who provide additional support and services – in particular mentoring, sponsorship and comms support.
To promote the role of Virgin StartUp in the UK entrepreneurial space and help us to become the go-to organisation for anyone looking to launch or grow a business.
We’re looking for a friendly and experienced content and social media executive with knowledge of the entrepreneurial landscape in the UK. This job will be responsible for the day-to-day content creation and social media output for virginstartup.org.
Key responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Support the Digital Manager to implement the content and social media strategy for VSU to ensure all digital activity drives value for our business.
- Support management of VSU’s website, social media channels and profiles. This includes contributing towards the production of digital output: writing new copy, updating existing content, editing contributions from others, helping manage the creation of videos, photography, infographics and other creative assets.
- Work closely with other relevant departments and contacts to share digital content.
- Work closely with the team to develop the ongoing strategy.
- Capture and report on all online activity and produce regular analysis with recommendations.
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the line manager.
Knowledge and experience
- At least one year’s work experience in digital content and social media, ideally from a leading corporation or agency.
- Demonstrable knowledge of online marketing (SEO, social media, content development and affiliate networks)
- Highly computer literate with good skills in all Office programmes. Basic Photoshop skills desirable.
- Proven track record in content production and social media.
- Passion for social media and digital technology.
- Interest and / or experience of business start up and / or brand social impact desirable.
Competencies and behaviours
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable to other team members
- Good attitude, flexible and adaptable nature.
- Proactive and able to take initiative.
- Self-motivated with the drive to deliver success.
- Ability to cope under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Highly organised with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload.